"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, October 14, 2011

The Plan...

Greetings, AP Scholars ~

After considering the number of absences we will have next week, I have revised our plans. If you have further questions, let me know by posting a comment here, or if you would like a faster reply, email me directly at karri_landeis@bismarckschools.org. My school computer locked up on me, but I will do my best to post the necesary handout on journaling just as soon as I can. Have a safe and enjoyable weekend.


Schedule
Monday 10/17: Those students who are present will finish their Biblical presentations.

Tuesday 10/18: Those students who are present will have all of class to read Frankenstein. The "letters" are due for Monday, 10/24, and all of Part I will be due on Tuesday, 10/25. JOURNALING IS REQUIRED FOR OUR STUDY OF THIS NOVEL. JOURNAL AS YOU GO! (see handout on journaling as soon as I get it posted)

Wednesday 10/19: We should all be back, so we will finish the mythological/Biblical presentations and clean up any last details of the week. Over the weekend, prepare for a test on allusions and myth for Monday, 10/24. You should also be reading Frankenstein over the weekend. Again, the letters are due on Monday, 10/24, and Part I will be due on Tuesday, 10/25. REMEMBER TO JOURNAL.


Thursday 10/20 - Sunday 10/23: ENJOY YOUR BREAK!


Monday 10/24: Quiz/Test over allusions and myth followed by discussion of the letters.

Tuesday 10/25 - Wednesday 10/26: Discuss Part I of Frankenstein

Thursday 10/26: PAIRED PRESENTATION, THE LIFE AND TIMES OF MARY SHELLY (Jenny and Madeline)

Friday 10/27: Poetry Interludes - Robyn and Becky

* Part II of the novel due on Monday, 10/31... Happy Halloween!

*Please note: This week is only a rough sketch. Expect additional assignments/details to be announced in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment